Ohpuppylove Value's Stable, Safe, and Loving Temperaments.
Starting with our Parents and their lineage is of Vital IMPORTANCE in our Breeding Program.
We are especially careful to not pass along any negative traits found in parents and their lines.
Because this will affect the litter.
We offer 1 Year "Temperament Guarantee".
(Link on left side bar menu)
Note" Only without proper training later down the road - they will develop bad habits.
This is not the puppies fault.
Personality? Any bullying or being bullied? Prefer jumping into group activities or staying on the sidelines ? Is Puppy stealing the bones.
2. Approach To Us? Hide?, Jump in our arms?, how long before wondering over? .... wants to interact?....level of?...
3. Play With Us And Littermates. Take a puppy aside to play lets you know some of the energy level. Is he hyper, Easygoing or just wants to be petted? Out come toys. Does he show interest in them? Does he show you what he has, instigate tug of war, ... covet the object immediately? Is he even interested?....
4. Cradle-Belly Rub. Cradle your puppy in your arms. Does he relax, wiggle a bit and then relax, or kick like crazy ? Which action matches your expectations? Does puppy have a little of each responses?...
5. Touch- Paws, Ears, Tail-Tug. Reactions to. Tolerate?, sensitive to parts?....Squeeze Toe-ok or level of being sensitive? Afraid to be touched. Loves to be touched.
6 Toy Share. Who gets toy first? Who shares? At the end of the day-who ends up with toy?
7. Affection Level. Cuddles?, avoids affection?, overly affectionate? Stable Affectionate Level? Wags tail when seeing you?...jumps up into your arms? Chooses snuggle over play?...
8. Sound. Tolerance. Startle sound. Using whistle, door closed, clapping, shaking keys, rattle - around puppy. Close and Far away. Gauge reaction: Attacking the sound, nonchalant glance, fear reaction noted by cowering or withdrawal. Response to your voice..runs away? nervous? barks at you?
9. Food Habits. Share out of same dish? any growling? Dominants the food? Plays with food?.....
10. New Environment. Adapts?..Stops Everything?...Time it takes to adjust?...How long to adjust?...
1. Observe. We're Watching You! :) We have survalance cameras over pens so we can watch what's going on while we're not there. Who's the ringleader? Who likes to hang around the food dish? Any true Alpha?....
11. Camera. Response to. Hides?...Curious?....Ignores?....tolerates?.....considers it play?
12. Grooming. Bath time OK? Fights to get away?...confused?....relaxes ok?
Responses to: Brushing, combing, nail cutting, ear cleaning?
13. Correction. Our correction is by use of a empty can filled with pennies. we shake it and use our voice in a low tone with "No". Does puppy Submit easy? How long before puppy submits? Then length of submission? Or does puppy fight? Does puppy try and bite the can?
14. Energy Level. First and last to play? Requires more toys? Always Up for the task at hand-ready and waiting for action? Thinks before leaping? Stable? Low?
15. Prospective Therapy, Handicapped, Special Needs. There's at least one or more Puppy in every litter that can be placed in a Therapy Home - pending on Nature of what's needed in that Home.
And there are alot of situations that people experience and need just the right puppy dog companion.
Some Puppies rate higher for mental and physical health than others.
Our Temperament Test
1. Observation in Litter.
2. Approach To Us
3 . Play With Us And Littermates
4. Cradle-Belly Rub
5. Touch Paws, Ears, Tail-Tug
6. Toy Share
7. Affection Level
9. Food habits
10. New Environment
13. Correction. Discipline reactions
14. Energy Level
15. Prospective Therapy, Handicapped, Special Needs.
Temperament Testing By OhpuppyLove